Tips & Resources
Recommendations for Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Immune Supporting Supplements
- Buffered Vit. C 500mg-5000mg in split doses up to bowel tolerance.
- Vitamin D3 – 1,000 IU/day
- Vitamin E – 200 IU/day
- Sunlight exposure at least once per day
- Zinc Lozenges – 2-3 times/day (but not too much)
- Medicinal mushroom blends.
- Immune boosting supplements. RFW carries all of Standard Process and Traditional Chinese formulas.
The state of California requires a Master’s degree in traditional Chinese medicine (MTCM) and a state license to become an Acupuncturist. The Master’s degree is a full-time, three- to four-year program offered by accredited schools, and entry requirements for that program include a Bachelor’s degree with standard pre-medical coursework. The California state license exam is considered the most challenging in the country, and its failure rate hovers around 50%.
Healthy ways to occupy your time & promote your wellbeing
- Take a walk
- Eat Clean (warm, cooked, organic)
- Stay Hydrated
- Read a great book
- Turn off social media
- Switch up your personal Yoga routine or begin one
- Reduce time listening or watching the news
- Take a long bath
- Self Massage
- Do a project you have been postponing
- Make a call to a friend or relative to talk and check in
- Write a letter and mail it
- Listen to music that feeds your soul
- Ramp up your spiritual or meditation practice
- Check in on an elderly or ‘in-need’ neighbor
- Take a step to build positive community
- Connect with Nature. A great way to ground yourself if you are feeling anxious is to simply go outside, remove your shoes and place your bare feet on the ground. Take several deep and cleansing breaths.
- Revamp your personal exercise routine. Or begin one. Try to heat up your body once a day.
- Get Acupuncture, Massage, Ayurvedic Therapy, Osteopathic treatment or take an infrared sauna – There is scientific evidence that suggests they can help with the immune system.
- Get extra rest. Best to be in bed by 10pm.
- Do Yoga, it works!
- Connect with nature
- Avoid excess negative media
- Get a humidifier
- Get an air purifier
- Diffuse essential oils (rosemary, eucalyptus, wintergreen, clove, juniper)
- Avoid alcohol, sugar and fried foods
- Scrape your tongue, this removes toxins.
- Prepare your home for quarantine
- Stay connected to positive community
- Ramp up your spiritual and or meditation practice.